*This is a work in progress and will alter and become more comprehensive as I figure it out. Hopefully.
What we’re riding:
This is Jeeves – he’s a Claud Butler Dalesman I bargained off eBay and he’s perfect.
This is Bill – he’s a Burley Tail Wagon that I also bargained off eBay and he’s Scout’s travelling caravan.
I’ve made him a fancy green coat (and matching flag) to keep out the downpours and have rigged a neon orange travel towel with magnets as a sunshade/aircon system. Scout is really well adjusted and sits happily behind the bike since our training week.
What we’re packing:
- a light synthetic sleeping bag (kindly lent by my buddy Juwad – THANK YOU)
- Decathlon air mat
- Trangia stove (with homemade stand and holder)
- Two cooking pots
- Collapsible bowl, plate and cutlery
- Wooden Spoon
- Muddy Fox cycling shoes
- Crocs…..(see blog post for details of my shame)
- Waterproof trousers
- Proviz 360 reflective, waterproof coat
- MSR 6L dromedary bag
- Hilleburg Akto 1 Woman (and dog) tent from the Ray Mears shop (Paid in part with adventure vouchers from my wonderful CTM cast members who know me far too well).
- LUSH solid shampoo bar and soap
- Cycle shorts x 2
- Cycle shirts x 2
- Cycle gloves
- Helmet (cos #loveyourbrain)
- Civvies: dress, leggings, floaty trousers
- Long sleeve baselayer top and bottoms for sleepy snuggly times
- Travel Towel
- Passport and driving licence
- First Aid Kit
- Flash Howling Dog Second Skin Harness in Small because she’s a skinny street dog and I need to feed her up a bit more.
- 4 x cordura booties from Snow Paw Store just incase the tarmac’s too hot for her little paws…
- Paw Wax
- Boat loads of Orijen Freeze Dried food – Thank you Orijen!
- Collapsible bowl for her food.
- Baby sleeping bag (Vango synthetic – a Willow hand-me-down)
- Half size self inflating sleeping mat (Décathlon – also Willow’s)
- Bikejoring bungee lead line thing
- Many, many chew toys (four)
- Small travel towel x 3 (wet dog smell in a tent is not cool)
Big thanks to Richard Thompson for lending his time and expertise
- Swiss Stop Brake pads
- Brake cables
- Gear Cables
- Cable Tubing
- Inner Tubes
- Puncture repair kit (Skabs)
- Allen Keys (4 sizes)
- Lezyne Micro Floor Drive Pump
- Ortlieb Front Roller Classic Panniers
- Ortlieb Back Roller Classic Panniers
- Topeak Compact Tourguide Handlebar bag
- GoPro handlebar mount
- Bike stand made from a walking pole (in matching green) and some milliput and some brake bands made from shock cord
- GoPro Hero 3 + batteries
- GoPro Hero 5 + batteries (kindly lent by Kirsty and Sam – THANK YOU)
- Garmin Edge 820 (kindly lent by Thighs of Steel – the wonderous people who got me into this mess and made me think I could vaguely achieve this)
- Charging cables
- Tripod/selfie stick
- As many micro SD cards as I can beg, borrow or steal
- 2 Powerbanks